What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
First and third party cookies.
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to SNSI, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for SNSI, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet. ScubaSNSI.com provides links to other sites as a service to visitors. SNSI is not responsible for either the privacy practices, security measures or data collection practices of other web sites or their content. The choice to access these sites is at the visitor’s own risk.
What types of cookies does SNSI use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” SNSI routinely uses all four categories of cookies on the Service. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
3. Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, whether you made an edit to an article on the Service while logged out, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways, such as customizing the toolbars we offer in the right column of every page. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
4. Targeting Cookies. SNSI, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than SNSI. This information may be shared with organizations outside SNSI, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
When does SNSI put cookies on your device?
Cookies may be set by SNSI when you visit scubaSNSI.com, or they may be set by other websites or services who run content on the page you are viewing (known as third-party cookies).
What are cookies used for on scubaSNSI.com?
Cookies can be used to do lots of different things, like recognizing you when you navigate to scubaSNSI.com, storing your preferences and improving your experience. Cookies also make your interactions with SNSI more secure, faster, and help ensure that your experience is personalized to you and in line with your settings. Additionally, cookies allow SNSI to bring you advertising both on and off scubaSNSI.com, and bring customized features to you through SNSI plugins such as our share button.
Does SNSI track IP addresses?
As part of the statistical tracking of scubaSNSI.com, information about visitors’ devices and browsers are collected, such as browser version and type, IP address, website referred from and the country of the visitor.
When SNSI obtains information concerning an individual’s location through GPS data, such as when certain custom SNSI Center Locator functions that show the nearest SNSI Dive Center or Resort is used, the information specific to that individual is used by SNSI solely for that purpose and is kept by SNSI only long enough to provide the specific service accessed. Aggregate information, which does not include any individually identifiable data, is compiled, however, for the purpose of establishing trends, search frequency, regional activity, etc.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions provided by the producer of the browser(here the links of the most common):
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-IT/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
– Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
– Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
– Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
– Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19255
Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.